Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Monday, October 11, 2010

Woodland Basketweave Socks Done


It wasn't until I was editing the picture of the completed socks that I noticed three knit stitches that should be purl stitches way up by the top of the cuff.

I will almost always frog and correct errors, even to the point of ripping out hours worth of knitting. But, no way am I going to frog one of these socks back to the top ribbing.

My plan: Go to bed, go to sleep, pretend I never saw that small boo-boo, and never wear my glasses when I'm putting these socks on my feet.


The actual color shows in the top picture of the completed socks. The blueish picture above is just to show the stitch pattern up close. My error is not included in the close up.

Pattern: Basic sock on 60 stitches using a basketweave pattern on the cuff and instep.

Yarn: Stalwart Sock from Slackford Studio. 75% Superwash Merino, 25% Nylon 4 Ply Fingering Weight Sock Yarn.

Color: Woodland.

Needles: Options 2.50mm circulars.

Gauge: 8 stitches/inch, 10 rows/inch in stockinette.

5 comments:

Judy S. said...

Isn't it crazy the way the camera picks up things you don't notice otherwise. No way would I fix it either. It's my understanding that the Amish make purposeful mistakes in their work because only God is perfect. I need to remember that!

Dorothy said...

Error, what error? I don't see no stinkin' error!

Anonymous said...

Another thought about the minor error is it makes them unique. My camera picked up a mistake in an A. Starmore sweater!

kristieinbc said...

Just remember that part of your socks will almost certainly be conveniently covered by your pants leg. Nice socks!

Beadknitter said...

Very nice socks. I wouldn't change them either. If it really bothers you a lot you could duplicate stitch purls on top of the knits. I've done that before. Quicker and easier than frogging.

I love this stitch pattern. Could you share where you got it?