Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Monday, October 25, 2010

Chain in Pieces Cuffs

While the three sweaters I have in time-out are awaiting their fate, I'm still happily knitting socks.



The twisted stitch pattern goes down both sides of each cuff. It has the unromantic name "Chain in Pieces".

Pattern: Basic cuff down sock pattern on 60 stitches.

12 stitch side panels are Chain in Pieces, stitch pattern #23 in Twisted-Stitch Knitting Originally by Maria Erlbacher and updated by Meg Swansen and Amy Detjen.

The remaining stitches are a k2p2 ribbing.

Yarn: Simply Socks Yarn Company solid. Color gray.

Needles: Options #1, 2.5mm

Gauge: 8 stitches/inch, 10 rows/inch

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful knitting. I admire your ability to knit intricate patterns so well.

I am curious as to how the Simply Solid sock yarn would compare to other "house brand" sock yarns that you may have tried?

Kellie

Judy S. said...

These are fabulous! They look very difficult.

Unknown said...

Those are gorgeous! When I have main projects in "time out" I usually knit washcloths and plain vanilla socks to restore calm. You are a Warrior Knitter!

Sheri said...

How I envy your sock knitting abilities. I love that "Chain in Pieces." Really great for socks.

Dorothy said...

Wow! That certainly rivals anything Cookie A. does. I'm going to have to break out my book.

Kathy... said...

Just gorgeous! Another book on my Christmas list.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful socks and they will be very warm also. I haven't knit socks for awhile but this morning received notification that CookieA's new book will be out soon - finally.

Yarn and Ivories said...

Wonderful neat design. I need a solid color...

Nancy said...

I have a questions about knitting both socks at once. How many rows do you knit of each sock before going to the other sock? I guess it could be one repeat of pattern? Just curious.

Alwen said...

I love the silvery grey with that pattern.