Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Saturday, October 16, 2010

One-Three Basketweave Stitch Pattern


I had a few requests for the details on the basketweave stitch pattern, so here it is.

There are many variations on the basketweave stitch pattern theme, so I'm going to call this one the One-Three Basketweave Stitch Pattern.

The base is a p1, k1, p1, k3 ribbing. This results in a nice snug sock cuff and a good fit.

A pair of finished socks knit in this stitch pattern can be seen here.


One-Three Basketweave Stitch Pattern
Multiple of 6 stitches, 4 rows

X = purl, Space = knit

Row 1: p1, k1, p4
Row 2: p1, k1, p1, k3
Row 3: p3, k3
Row 4: p1, k1, p1, k3

4 comments:

Jean said...

I know that I've said this before, I love the way you match the perfect yarn to the perfect pattern. The socks in the previous post are so very cozy looking, I think I'll knit some socks as soon as I finish my first sweater (boy I hope it fits). I'll need it for while waiting for the train. Warm socks will probably be necessary too.

Beadknitter said...

Thank you Marguerite. Much appreciated!

Judy S. said...

That's a really pretty stitch pattern. Have you ever used it on a scarf?

goldwman said...

Thank you so much for the pattern..it's perfect for the pair I am starting.....perfect. cg