Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Friday, October 15, 2010

Slightly Twisted Cuffs


I'm calling these my Slightly Twisted Socks because there is a braided looking twisted stitch pattern in alternate vertical columns.

The cuffs are nice and long - seven inches - because winter is in the air. They will be worn for warmth with jeans as soon as they're done.



Pattern: Basic cuff down sock pattern on 60 stitches. k3p2 ribbing with alternate k3 columns knit in a twisted braid pattern.

Yarn: Trekking XXL, Color # 187.

Needles: Options #1, 2.5mm

Gauge: 8 stitches/inch, 10 rows/inch

7 comments:

Dorothy said...

That's a lovely twist pattern. Is it copyright free? Are you able to share it?

Alwen said...

Whew. I'm glad you explained the "twisted" part. I was scrolling down, looking at the photo, trying to figure out how they were twisted!

Jan said...

They look cosy. Have you tried the Fascine Braid socks. As a Latin teacher I was interested as the fasces (axes) were carried by officials in Rome as a sign of authority. The braid does look like them. Pattern is a basic 4 row pattern, quite easy and can be found, free, here. I did mine in a deep crimson and they look great. Also made very long legs for warmth as I had plenty of wool.

Jan said...

Me again. I meant to add this photo which shows the braid better than the pattern pdf. I'll make them again.

Judy S. said...

Very pretty! Do you always knit two socks at once?

Nancy G said...

Pretty yarn, lovely pattern; you do wonderful work. I'm jealous of your weather, though. It's difficult for me to get in the mood to make wool socks when it's still shorts weather here in the Denver area (high of 81 yesterday)! Hopefully we won't just skip right over autumn into winter; for that I'm definitely not ready.

Walden said...

Beautiful! That yarn color works wonderfully with that pattern.