Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Digging Out the Forgotten Project

Lighthouse Gansey was packed away the middle of May, about the time Sunny had a serious back problem and I decided to knit socks for a while. It was getting too warm to wear a heavy sweater and I told myself there was plenty of time to get it done before it cooled off again in the fall.

All summer I was thinking I only had a few inches to go on the last sleeve. Wishful thinking. When I hauled the sweater out Monday night, I was surprised to see it needed an entire second sleeve.

I'd love to wear it to church Sunday, but I have a busy week and a sick dog so it may not happen that quick.


Pattern: Lighthouse Gansey by Anne Bosch with many modifications. My modifications are discussed here.

Yarn: Knitpicks Cotlin. 70% Tanguis Cotton, 30% Linen. DK weight.

Color: Glacier.

Needles: Options #3.

Gauge: 6 stitches/inch, 8.5 rows/inch in pattern.

A green gansey knit in Cotlin with leaf and tree stitch patterns has been incubating in the back of my mind for at least six months.

When I went to order yarn last week, the green Cotlin I wanted was finally in stock. So, what did I do? I ordered Moroccan Red, a deep orangish red that I couldn't resist.

It's likely I'll knit the green tree/leaf gansey someday, but red is next. I have no idea what stitch patterns to use. I'm having fun looking through books getting ideas.



No comments: