Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Clandestine in Time Out

Clandestine by Cookie A. is the October non-book selection of the Sock Innovation KAL, (a Ravelry link). It's a free pattern available on Knitty.

The cast on is 66 stitches which needed to be divided over three needles. I used three circulars because I wanted the sharp points on the Options needles. Having three slowed down the knitting process some.

On the fourteenth row there are three five-stitch wraps and three-three stitch wraps. How tight to do the wraps was a common question which never got answered. Some knitters frogged and reknit trying to find the perfect tension.

I wrapped snug, resulting in a puckery fabric. Just looking at it on the needles I would thought it to be bumpy and ugly. Stretched out on my leg, I was glad I hadn't done the wraps any looser.


I think this lacy section in the center is pretty. I believe it ends up center front and down the back of the sides.


The lacy section alternates with a section that looks like umbrella spokes, a stitch pattern I've never loved. It is made up of a purl, knit through the back loop ribbing that gives the sock some stretch and cling. That's a plus for it.

A cuff is six pattern repeats long, about seven inches. I have three pattern repeats of one sock done and the project is on hold. Right now I'm thinking I'm going to frog it and use the lovely yarn for something else. I'm just not loving the knitting process or the results.


Pattern: Clandestine by Cookie A.

Yarn: Stalwart Sock from Slackford Studio. 75% Superwash Merino, 25% Nylon 4 Ply Fingering Weight Sock Yarn.

Color: Stormy Night

Needles: Options 2.5mm circulars.

Gauge: 8 stitches/inch, 10 rows/inch in stockinette.


No comments: