For over a week I browsed through stitch pattern books and pattern books looking for the perfect pattern for my new red Cotlin. I was sure I would know it when I saw it, but I never saw it. Or, if I did see it, I didn't know it.
I did some tentative swatching, thinking it would lead into an idea, but an idea never came.
Finally I found a cute, simple little knit/purl pattern in a Japanese Stitch book, cast on 240 stitches, and started knitting.
I'm 95% certain I'm not going to use this stitch pattern for the entire sweater. Hopefully by the time I have 12 inches knit I'll be able to look at it and know what I want to do next. Until then I have some semi-mindless knitting to do when I don't feel like working on Kristi socks.
Pattern: Winging it for now. Unofficially naming it the Red X Sweater.
Yarn: Knitpicks Cotlin. 70% Tanguis Cotton, 30% Linen. DK weight.
Color: Moroccan Red.
Needles: Options #3.
Gauge: 6 stitches/inch, 8.5 rows/inch in pattern.
This was taken last Thursday evening while the trees still had most of their leaves. It's been raining every day since then, and many dark, bare branches are now showing amongst what is left of the autumn color.