Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Monday, October 05, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook for October 5

These writing prompts are available from Simple Woman's Daybook where each Monday we're invited to join in celebrating the beauty of everyday moments around us.

FOR TODAY October 5, 2009...

Outside my window...
It's trying to decide whether to be sunny or rain some more. We'll probably get a little of both.

The temps are in the 60s today, but this time of year the chill of autumn is in the air no matter how warm it gets.

Those are milkweed pods in the foreground.


I am thinking...
It's time to select the most important outdoor projects and leave the rest until spring.

I am thankful for...
The gentle autumn rains we've been having, unlike last September when we had the 100 year flood.

From the kitchen...
My dinner is leftovers from lunch out with a friend today. Bob's dinner is leftovers from yesterday. We are both happy with this.

I am wearing...
A turquoise sweatshirt and jeans.

I am creating...
Kristi, a Cookie A. sock pattern from Sock Innovation. The yarn is Stalwart Sock from Slackford Studio in Wisteria.

This is one of the slowest knits ever. When I'm done I may frame them instead of wearing them.


I am going...
To buy the birds 100 pounds of sunflower seeds and 20 pounds of peanuts today.

I am reading...
The Source by James Michener.

"It is a survey of the history of the Jewish people and the land of Israel from pre-monotheistic days to the birth of the modern State of Israel." (from Wikipedia).

I read this book when it was first published in 1965 and have always wanted to read it again. Now, reading it again, I won't wait 40 years to read it a third time.

I am hoping...
That my house spontaneously cleans itself this week.

I am hearing...
Pappy "hooting" at me. He wants to go out for a late afternoon walk. Since it's not raining, so do I.

One of my favorite things...
The box turtles that walk around the area.

They're land turtles. Occasionally I've spotted one laying eggs in a hole in the dirt, but I've never seen a small one.


A few plans for the rest of the week:
Nothing unusual. I'm hoping it's a quiet, peaceful week so I can get some chores done at home.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

The road home.

No comments: