Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Friday, November 05, 2010

Knitpicks Box Arrived

Yesterday a box arrived from Knitpicks full of woolly goodness and temptations to cast on a new project.


There's enough Andean Treasure Baby Alpaca for a sweater which I will not start until I've finished the three sweaters I have in time out. I will not, I will not!

Didn't I say I was going to bring those sweaters out this week and declare their fate? It's Friday. Only one more day in the week to do it. I'm sure once the job gets done I'll wonder why it took so long to get started.

The new yarn's color is Mystery Heather. Not very exciting but very practical.


Andean Treasure in Hot Red Heather was on sale so I ordered two skeins to see if I loved the color. It's OK, but I'm not in love. The two skeins will become a scarf and Knitpicks can discontinue the color with my blessing.


Mom asked for a hat like My Red Hat. I know she likes her knits washable, so I bought two skeins of Swish Worsted, a superwash wool.


Because wool hat weather is here now in SW Michigan, I knit the hat last night. It's all ready to keep Mom's head warm this winter.

3 comments:

Dorothy said...

I just got my own Knit Picks box this week and it's always like opening a present, even though I know what's inside. Mine was a boatload of lace stuff, but next order will probably be heavier weight, including that luscious baby alpaca.

Judy S. said...

Nice! I love KP also.

Anonymous said...

I also received my KnitPicks (and WEBS)orders on Thursday. Good luck with your sweater knitting. I just started my 4th (Cobblestone this time) for this year.