Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook for November 2

These writing prompts are available from Simple Woman's Daybook where each Tuesday we're invited to join in celebrating the beauty of everyday moments around us.

FOR TODAY November 2, 2010...

Outside my window...


This squirrel wants me to know it's time to put out more sunflower seeds.

I am thinking...
That we may have missed some important political phone calls when the phone was out of service yesterday evening. (If you're a first time reader, this is sarcasm.)

I am thankful for...
Being old enough to vote absentee ballot.

From the kitchen...
I'm looking forward to eating some left over pizza for lunch.

I am wearing...
Bluejeans, a purple poet shirt, and purple hand knit socks. When I get home from Bible study, I'll change into grunge clothes to rake and burn leaves and sticks. When I'm done whatever I'm wearing will smell like smoke. And, so will I.

I am creating...


Another pair of very basic wool socks with some left over Trekking. I'm hoping I have enough yarn to finish them. If not, they will have gray toes.

I am going...
To Aqua Arthritis class in the heated pool tomorrow morning. After two days of yard cleaning, I'm really looking forward to stretching out my body and relaxing my joints.

I am reading...
Just finished listening to "We Have Always Lived in the Castle" by Shirley Jackson.

Yikes!! Some of the scenes in this book are straight out of my bad dreams.

I am hoping...


Now that we've had several nights of hard frost, temperatures in the mid-twenties F, that allergy season is officially over.

Picture is heavy frost on the goldenrod seeds.

I am hearing...
People say that the water in Lake Michigan is sixty degrees, warmer than normal because of our hot summer. And that as the cold air hits the warm lake we're going to be buried in Lake Effect Snow this winter.

Michiganders like to predict weather horror scenarios. Way too often they come true.

Around the house...
Everything is pretty much the same.

One of my favorite things...
Is knitting with alpaca. A package of alpaca will be arriving in a few days and I'm looking forward to getting it on the needles.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
This morning, Tuesday, is Bible Study Fellowship. When I get home I'll pick up more sticks from last weeks wind storm, start a fire, and burn some leaves. A man is coming to clean out eave troughs.

Wednesday is exercise class and grocery shopping. Will rake more if weather permits. We're supposed to see the first snow flakes by the end of the week.

Sometime this week I plan on pulling out the three sweaters that are in knitting time out and deliver a verdict on their fate. The decision may be heavily influenced by the new yarn I have coming. I'm hoping it's here by week end.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...


A frosty early morning.

8 comments:

Susan said...

Oh, that last picture is simply stunning!

Alwen said...

Yes, it is stunning!

I saw that the lake was still 56 degrees on the Coastwatch website.
http://www.coastwatch.msu.edu/michigan/m51.html
Wow. That seems a lot warmer now than it did a couple weeks ago.

Judy S. said...

Great photos! We had a tiny baby squirrel outside our window this morning....too fast to catch on film. It's still mild here but wind and rain have brought down lots of leaves. Many more left though.

Allison said...

I really enjoyed reading your post. Your pictures are lovely. I'll have to join in next Tuesday.

kristieinbc said...

Wonderful pictures! I have a question about knitting with alpaca. I love its softness and warmth, but tend to stay away from using it because I have heard it does not hold its shape very well. Can you knit something like a basic hat with a ribbed edge and have the ribbing hold up, or will it eventually stretch out big enough to fit a giant?

Carrie said...

I read that Shirley Jackson book many years ago...worth reading again? I don't remember anything about it other than it was eerie.

Lynn said...

i'm loving those trekkings!! And such great pictures!!

Julie said...

I read that you love knitting with alpaca. My friend sells some lama yarn from the animals on her hobby farm. I buy some all the time. It is as soft, if not even softer than alpaca. She also has cashmere and other yarns. You can check out her website. Just Google `Domaine Chambord``.