Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Friday, November 26, 2010

Dave's Socks Done, Gail's Cuffs Done

My Christmas sock knitting is ahead of schedule and under control.



I have no sock blockers for Brother Dave's shoe size 14.

It's important to really really like the yarn I use for his socks, because I'm going to be knitting on it a long long time. It takes almost twice the amount of yarn I use for pair of socks for myself. So, I'm celebrating having these socks done in November.

Pattern: Basic top down socks with a k5p1 ribbing on the cuff and instep.

Yarn: Opal Rainforest 6, Color 4005, Baronesse Bambalina.

Needles: Options 2.50mm circulars.

Gauge: 8 stitches/inch, 10 rows/inch in stockinette.



Last pair of Christmas socks are for doggy school teacher Gail. They may get done by the end of November as well.

Pattern: Basic cuff down sock pattern on 64 stitches. k3p1 ribbing on cuff and instep.

Yarn: Regia.

Color: Kaffe Fassett 4255.

Needles: Options #1, 2.5mm

Gauge: 8 stitches/inch, 10 rows/inch

2 comments:

Judy S. said...

You've been busy! I love the Kaffe Fassett yarn colors. Do you have a favorite sock yarn?

Lynn said...

Love these socks!!