Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Friday, February 18, 2005

Knitting Needles on the Plane

Non Knitlist inquiring minds want to know. Those who never want to read about this topic again certainly know they can skip this post.

There are a few airlines who don't allow knitting needles. My airline, NorthWest, does allow them, but there are reports of some security people who don't let them through.

The poor unfortunate knitters who get these security people are doomed to having the needles ripped out of their knitting and confiscated.

I'm going to take a five day vacation from knitting. I have a John Grisham paperback to read on the way there and will pick up another paperback that doesn't require a lot of mental attention to read on the way home.

Please don't tell the Knitlist. They would probably ban me for life for not wanting to knit in the airports, through all my flights, though all my sightseeing, and through the entire baby shower.

Travel is full of interruptions and interesting things to see and hear. It's much easier to be interrupted mid-sentence than mid-row. And I wouldn't want to make the other passengers nervous with those needles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Grief, even if I were armed and loaded I would NEVER pull knitting off needles and confiscate the needles (unless I had the 82nd Airborne watching my back)!