Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Summer Knitting Plans

First and most important, it's time to finish up Mom's Birthday Socks for the birthday next week. All other knitting is now on hold until these socks are done.

Also on the Needles right now is the Luna Peacock Plumes Bolero from Elann


The two rectangles on the top are the finished but unblocked sleeves.

The piece on the bottom is my blocked swatch because unblocked lace is difficult to admire.

The body is half done. I didn't bother to take a picture of it. It looks like 179 stitches of lace on the needles always looks - a pile of tangled yarn.


Pattern: Luna Peacock Plumes Bolero free at Elann

Yarn: Elann Collection Luna, 55% viscose, 45% cotton. DK weight.

Color: Burnished Clay

Needles: #8 Options

Gauge: 4.4 stitches/inch, 4.75 rows/inch in Peacock Plumes stitch pattern.

Subscribing to Elann Sample Skeins has had the desired effect. My yarn horizons have been broadened. I've purchased yarn I never would have considered after just reading about it.

Counting the two cones of Soie Lin (70% silk, 30% linen) from the May Sample Skeins, I now have stash yarn for three more short sleeve summer tops.


This yarn arrived last week and I couldn't resist swatching.

The Coto Canapone (52% Cotton, 48% Hemp) in Summer Spice has no elasticity at all. It does have reasonable stitch definition, so I want to knit up something with some knit/purl patterns in it and possibly a few gentle cables.

The multi-colored Queensland Tahiti (49% cotton, 36% acrylic, 12% microfiber, 3% polyester) doesn't want to be anything but stockinette.

I don't know which yarn I'll knit up first. It depends on if I feel like fun (the Coto Canapone) or some mindless, fast knitting on #7 needles (the Tahiti).

No comments: