Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Monday, February 19, 2007

Knitting Log for February 19

John's Birthday socks donePattern: 66 stitch basic sock. Stitch pattern here along with closeup view.

Yarn: Special Blauband fingering weight, 80% wool, 20% nylon

Color: Washington Redskin Maroon, as requested by son John for his birthday socks.

Needles: Addi Turbo #1.

Gauge: 8 stitches/inch, 10 rows/inch

Son John's birthday socks are done a month early. I'll probably wait a few weeks before mailing them.


Front and back of a blue Cozy in CablesPattern: Cosy in Cables Big Kid Sweater with the front and back seed stitch center panel replaced by a cable pattern from Lavold's Viking Patterns for Knitting.

Knitting size 40 inches for the CIC big kids challenge.

Yarn: Lamb's Pride Bulky in Brite Blue

Needles: Addi Turbo and Options 10.5

Gauge: 12 stitches/4 inches in SS

When this is washed, the purl troughs will open up making it wider and in the right proportion of length to width.

My hands need a rest from the big needles. Next weekend I'll knit the sleeves.


Part of a Japanese book lace patternI've figured out enough of the Japanese Knitting Pattern Book 250 (details on book here ) to start a swatch of the stitch pattern on the cover.

This is only the first 16 rows of a 32 row lace pattern.

The swatching has no purpose other than to prove to myself I can figure out the chart. I can, so I'm not sure if I'll take time to finish it or not.

The swatch is fingering weight left-over Opal UNI-solid knit with a US #2 needle.

I'll write a post with links to helpful aids in figuring out Japanese knitting soon. There doesn't seem to be as many of them as I imagined there might be.

No comments: