Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Friday, February 09, 2007

Friday's Feast for February 9

Friday's Feast is a weekly meme I've noticed on Kathy's blog, Runs With Needles. The questions usually look like fun, so I'm giving it a try.

Appetizer - Have you been sick yet this winter? If so, what did you come down with?

I think it was the Norovirus, as several days after the attack I read about a Kalamazoo outbreak in the paper.

It hit suddenly as I was driving Sunny to doggy school. I started out feeling fine and by the time I got to the parking lot, I knew trouble was quickly approaching.

Poor Sunny spent the first hour of her class locked in the doggy school bathroom with me. Then we went home.

Soup - What colors dominate your closet?

Casual shirt section of my closetWarm reds, all shades of blue, all shades of purple/violet.


Salad - How would you describe your personal “comfort zone”?

I'm an introvert. Although capable of functioning socially, even giving presentations and teaching classes, my favorite comfort zone is home or out with one or two people I love.

More than three people at a time is exhausting, even if I do love them.

Main Course - On which reality show would you really like to be a contestant?

Introverts don't do reality shows for fun. For money, maybe, but not for fun.

Sunny on the couch looking like queen of the worldAt doggy school we had a running joke about trading some of our strong willed pets for a week and filming the results for a canine reality show.

Sweet little Pappy was never mentioned. Sunny's name came up several times.

I love her and wouldn't trade her for any other dog. Not even to get on a reality show.


Dessert - Which holiday would you consider to be your favorite?

Groundhog day. (See Salad.)

What could be nicer in the middle of a Michigan winter than a holiday celebrating the fact that eventually it will be spring?

No comments: