Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Heading Out of Town

Today I drove to Battle Creek and picked up Granddaughter Kimmy.

Early, way too early, tomorrow morning we're getting on a bus for a day trip to Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village, about a two and a half hour drive across the state.

As I kissed her good night, she warned me that sometimes she's grumpy when someone tries to wake her up so early in the morning. But she's going to try not to be. I understand.

Thursday morning we're going to sleep in, get up and lounge around, and eventually pack up and head for Lake Michigan. And in the evening, we'll dine somewhere she can get chicken nuggets and I'll take her home.

It's unlikely there will be another post before Friday.

No comments: