Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Friday, January 21, 2005

Knitting Log for January 21

Box of vests, socks, and toys for CICCIC Vests are done, washed, and mailed.

Inspired by the threat of a foot of snow headed our way, I got them to the post office this afternoon while most of the roads were clear and I could still get out of the driveway.

The box is big because it also contains six handknit vests and 11 small toys from my friend Sherry.

Sweet Valentine Socks are very close to done. I'm past the gusset decreases and headed for the toe on both socks. I'll post a picture when they're finished.

Lavold Sweater had a false start this evening.

Without thinking, I decided to start knitting in the round instead of having side seams. I cast on, joined, knit three rounds and only then did I bother to think about what I was doing.

The basketweave pattern was going to look mismatched at the start of the round. I quickly pulled the needle out, rewound the yarn, and pretended it never happened.

The sweater is a February project. Would I cast it on before finishing my January projects? Certainly not!

1 comment:

Maureen said...

All your CIC vests are adorable! You inspired me to try to mix up the pattern a bit on the next one I make. I especially love the cable and seed st one! You dogs are behaving just like mine! He doesn't want to go out, but he doesn't want to stay inside either! Funny pup! Hopefully I'll get the vest in the mail shortly, but who knows when I'll want to go outside when today it is nine below, luckily no wind today!