Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Sleeve, Socks, and Snow

Some knitting is getting done, but not as much as you might think considering we're up to our knees in snow.

Yesterday we had to dig out so I could make a two hour crown prep appointment at the dentist twenty miles away. Wouldn't want to miss that fun.

Today there's more snow and I could star in a BENGAY ad if I had some BENGAY. I'm not planning to shovel out again just to buy some.

First Frode Sleeve

Pattern: Frode (with modifications) by Elsebeth Lavold in Viking Patterns for Knitting

Yarn: Knitpicks Shamrock, 100% Peruvian wool, heavy worsted weight

Color: MacNamara

Needles: Addi Turbo #6

Gauge: 20 stitches/4 inches 28 rows/4 inches

Note: Size XS, 37.75 inches. Knitting for CIC_Knit List big kids sweater challenge.

To see a post with picture of pattern, list of modifications I'm making, and discussion of the Shamrock yarn, go here.

One sleeve done, second sleeve not started. Maybe this afternoon, maybe tomorrow. Or, I may do the neck next for a break in the sleeve action.

The marker pins are counting the decrease rows. The aqua pins are one decrease row, the coral pins are five decrease rows. I'm leaving them in until the second sleeve is done so the second sleeve will match even if I can't find the little piece of paper where I wrote it all down.

Even more likely, I'll be able to find the little piece of paper but won't be sure what I wrote on it. The pins are way more reliable than my notes.

Winged worsted weight red socks for CICPattern: Winging Worsted Weight Socks 40 stitches around

Yarn: Paton's Classic Wool Merino

Color: Red

Needles: #5 Pony Pearl double points

Gauge: 5 stitches/inch

This is the second of five pair of socks I plan to knit for the CIC_Knit List big kids challenge.

Worsted weight socks feel like comfort knitting while I'm sore from shoveling. The third pair is on the needles and will be done soon. Maybe even before that second sleeve.


Pappy in the snowPappy thinks if I really loved him I would shovel out more places for him to do his business.

I do love him. He can go in the driveway if he wants a shoveled spot. And he better hurry, the driveway is filling up with snow as I write.

No comments: