Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Resolution Compliance Report

In 2007 I half-heartedly resolve to have no more than three unfinished knitting projects at one time.

And, three projects are all I have going right now. Unless you count the Cozy in Cables for big kids test knit as a project, which it really is but I'm not going to count it.

Anne's birthday socks in progress

Pattern:
Basic 64 stitch sock with k7p1 wide ribbing on cuff and instep
Yarn: Opal sock yarn, 75% wool, 25% nylon
Color: Magic 1044
Needles: Addi Turbo #1
Gauge: 8 stitches/inch, 10 rows/inch

These need to get in the mail this week to make it to Idaho by January 10, Anne's birthday. So, until they're done, they are my one and only knit.

The browns in the Opal Magic are beautiful. I'm enjoying watching the colors unfold as I knit.


Peerie Brocade one sleeve partially done

Pattern:
Peerie Brocade from Fall 1999 Knitter's Magazine. Designed by Charlie Hada.
Yarn: Elann's Peruvian Highland Wool
Color: Dusty Teal
Needles: US #4
Gauge: 23 stitches/4 inches in pattern

The partial sleeve is new since the last time I showed this sweater. It's a deep sleeve and it took four evenings of knitting to get this much done.

I expect the sleeve to get longer once it's washed and blocked, so I pulled some yarn through the live stitches and don't intend to knit anymore until after the sweater's first bath.

I've grown weary of making little brocade patterns and I'm not looking forward to the second sleeve. I do like the sweater, though, and intend to finish it as soon as I can get back to it. That may not be until the second half of the month.


Frode with one happiness sign done

Pattern: Frode (with modifications) by Elsebeth Lavold in Viking Patterns for Knitting
Yarn: Knitpicks Shamrock, 100% Peruvian wool, heavy worsted weight
Color: MacNamara
Needles: Addi Turbo #6
Gauge: 20 stitches/4 inches 28 rows/4 inches
Note: Size XS, 37.75 inches. Knitting for CIC_Knit List big kids sweater challenge

There hasn't been any progress since my last Frode post. I knew I would have to set it aside awhile for Christmas, for writing and testing the Cozy in Cables for big kids, and for Anne's birthday socks.

I'm looking forward to picking it up again as soon as possible.

If you're curious about the pattern modifications and/or my thoughts on the yarn, I wrote about both here.

No comments: