Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Friday, December 28, 2007

Socks: Done, On The Needles, and Future

While I impatiently wait for my special order purple Cascade 220 for the She Said Aran to arrive, I'm sock knitting.

Done. Daughter-in-law Anne's Birthday Socks.

Pattern: Basic sock with wide ribbing on cuff and instep

Yarn: Stahl Fortissima Colori, Socka Color. 75% superwash wool, 25% polymid.

Color: 07

Needles: Options 2.5mm

Gauge: 8 stitches/inch, 10 rows/inch


On the needles.

I needed some green socks. Being one of the few online sock knitters who has never knit a pair of Monkey Socks, I decided to give the pattern a try and see why it's so popular.

Monkey socks are pretty, stretchy, and much easier to knit than they appear. It didn't take long to memorize the pattern.

The yarn is Opal UNI-Solid fingering weight.


Future.

I was instructed to open my birthday present from Idaho immediately. The whole family went to the yarn store and each member picked out some yarn for Grandma B (me).

Son John selected the Sassy Stripes on the left and hopes it will become his birthday socks. It will! And I'm so happy to know he'll like the colors in his socks when they're done.

Daughter-in-Law Anne selected the Austermann Step in the hopes I would use it for her birthday socks. When I explained her socks were done, she said I could use it for myself.

Am I going to do that? No. I'm going to quickly knit her a second pair of socks before I mail her birthday package next week. Don't tell the rest of the family that Anne is getting two pair of birthday socks.

Granddaughter Sydney selected the brown Shi Bui superwash Merino. For me. I've never knit with the Shi Bui and am looking forward to giving it a try. It feels oh so soft.

No comments: