Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Monday, December 03, 2007

She Said Swatch in Swish

Say that (the title) fast three times in a row.

The first swatch for She Said turned out nice.

Using Knitpicks Swish, a worsted weight superwash wool, and #5 needles, the fabric is not too tight, not too loose, and also not on gauge. While knitting it appeared the gauge was going to be very close. After washing it stretched way out.

I'm knitting a She Said Wool of the Andes swatch now but I think the purple color is too dark.

When I drive to Kalamazoo for a haircut Thursday, I will be very close to a yarn store that carries Cascade 220, the yarn used in the pattern. If my car happens to turn into their parking lot and they happen to have a color that speaks to me, I may come home with a bag full of yarn.

Meanwhile, I have not neglected Autumn Song. There is only one more side seam to mattress stitch and I think I've achieved a neckline I can live with. It's not bound off yet, so I can't be 100% sure.

No comments: