Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Autumn Song is Almost Done

I knit the neckline exactly as shown on the pattern neck chart and was surprised when it fit just about perfect.

The front neck opening and back neck opening are exactly the same, not like most sweaters that have a high neck back and a lower neck front.

As of this evening the entire sweater is sewn together. All that remains is half of one sleeve cuff and weaving in the ends.


Pattern: Herbstlied (Autumn Song) from New Style of Heirloom Knitting.

Yarn: Knitpicks Wool of the Andes, 100% wool.

Color: Firecracker heather

Needles: Options #5.

Gauge: 5.5 stitches/inch, 8.4 rows/inch in pattern

The She Said Aran Swatch in Knitpicks Wool of the Andes, Amethyst Heather, is on the needles.

When I looked at the yarn in the skeins, this was the color I liked best. Only after knitting a swatch could I see that it's too dark for this cabled pattern. Now I know. One of the many reasons I like to swatch.

I stopped at the biggest yarn store in Kalamazoo today to check out the Cascade 220. The only purple color they had in stock was as dark as the Amethyst Heather, so I left it there.

No comments: