Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Monday, December 17, 2007

Snow and Socks

Am I the only Michigan blogger who didn't post a snow picture yesterday?

That's only because when I sat down to do it yesterday evening, our ISP (Internet Service Provider) was out so I couldn't get online.

This is our road yesterday (Sunday) in mid-afternoon. Residents without four wheel drive had to stay home.

It did get plowed overnight, resulting in a pile of snow at the end of the driveway.

This morning was shovel time. Great exercise and it's free.



Perfect knitting weather.

Daughter-in-law Anne's birthday is January 10. I've found, over the years, that I need to treat her birthday in with Christmas or it gets forgotten in the post-Christmas/New Years lull. So, I'm knitting on her requested birthday socks - something with dark blue.


Pattern: Basic sock with wide ribbing on cuff and instep

Yarn: Stahl Fortissima Colori, Socka Color. 75% superwash wool, 25% polymid.

Color: 07

Needles: Options 2.5mm

Gauge: 8 stitches/inch, 10 rows/inch

No comments: