Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Friday, December 08, 2006

Two Pair Boring Brown Socks

Two pair of boring but very warm brown ragg wool ragg socksMade it! Got two pair of very warm socks out of three skeins of this yarn. The pair on the right are Bob's Christmas socks, the pair on the left are mine.

I call them "boring" in a fond way. They are rather boring to knit, but super wonderful to wear on a cold winter day in SW Michigan. Since my pair isn't a Christmas present, I'm wearing them out into the cold snow today.

Pattern:Bob's socks are k1p1 ribbing cuff and stockinette foot on 48 stitches. My socks have a simple three stitch basketweave pattern on a 42 stitch cuff and a 36 stitch foot.

Yarn: Jarbo Garn Raggi, 70% wool, 30% nylon, heavy worsted weight available at Patternworks

Color: 1574 - brown ragg

Needles: Addi Turbo #5

Gauge: 5 stitches/inch, 7 rows/inch in stockinette

With just a little reservation because the socks haven't passed the test of multiple wearings, washings, and time, I pronounce this the nicest worsted weight sock yarn I've ever used. It's soft, springy, warm, and wonderful. I'm assuming with the 30% nylon that it's tough.

This is only my second pair of worsted weight socks for myself. They are way snugglier than I expected. I want at least seven pair to get me through the winter week.


Blogger Upgrade
If you happened to notice 25 Stitches of Violet posts in Bloglines, it's because I converted to Blogger Beta yesterday. There are several interesting enhancements I'm looking forward to exploring.

No comments: