Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Grasshopper Finished and Enjoyed

Finished Grasshopper being worn on Christmas EveOh the shame. This beautiful alpaca sweater had been sitting in a basket waiting to be seamed up since August.

Motivated by acute embarrassment over my procrastination and a desire to wear something new on Christmas Eve, I dug it out, sewed it up, and blocked it early last week. And, while I was at it, I scolded myself for letting it sit so long and made a New Year's resolution never to do that again.

Granddaughter Kimmy took this picture Christmas Eve, indoors and with the flash. I took a few more pictures in natural light today to show the detail and color better.


Finished grasshopper - detail of eyelet patternPattern: Grasshopper. Made it up as I went along. Original inspiration was the Larkspur Lace Pullover in the Spring 2005 Cast On, but no part of Grasshopper is exactly the same as Larkspur.

I named this sweater Grasshopper because it's green and it jumped on my needles unexpectedly one day last May.

Yarn: Knitpicks Andean Treasure, 100% baby alpaca

Color: Lagoon

Needles: Addi Turbo #3

Gauge: 6.25 stitches/inch, 8.5 rows/inch


Finished grasshopper - more detail of eyelet on sleeve and lower ribbingI wore Grasshopper all day Sunday starting with early morning church and ending in the evening after the family Christmas party. It was worn right next to my skin with nothing but soft pleasure. No scratching.

I love the colors, the feel, and the drape of Knitpicks Andean Treasure yarn and will happily use it again if the right project comes along.

No comments: