Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Sunday, July 15, 2012

I Got Yarn Stormed

Yesterday I pulled into the drive with a trunk of groceries and noticed a Priority Mail Box on the porch. Immediately I started sifting through my brain trying to remember if I was expecting any purchases. I wasn't.

As I carried in the groceries, my mind wandered into thoughts of yarn. I used to knit a lot and I frequently ordered yarn online. What fun it always was when the box arrived and I had new yarn to knit.

Once the groceries were put away, it was time to open the mystery box. And it was yarn!


Not yarn I had ordered. Not yarn I expected. But yarn from a Ravelry group called Yarn Storming.
The mission of this group is to collect unwanted stash yarn and send it anonymously to knitters in need of a little yarn love.
What a wonderful ministry. Love through yarn.

It lifted my spirits and changed the whole tone of the day. Everytime I look at that pile of yarn I smile. Who says online friends aren't real friends?

Who gave them my name? Anyone want to fess up?

Thank you.

14 comments:

Jan said...

I am not responsible. Hadn't heard of the group before you mentioned them. I can't think of a more deserving knitter. Enjoy the yarn love.

(and thank you for posting about the group. Now i have somewhere to share some of the languishing stash!)

Marie said...

What a marvelous idea--and perfect recipient! I have had those moments of "uh oh, what did I order that I don't remember?"--I kept forgetting it was my birthday a few weeks ago, so they were all guilt-free. Enjoy the ruminating about what you'll create, as well as the knitting itself.

Judy S. said...

What a nice surprise! It'll be fun to see what you do with these pretties. Can't think of a better kind of storm, can you?

Beadknitter said...

Wow! That is so cool! I didn't even know the group exists. Ravelry is so awesome.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could say I was responsible, but I never heard of the group before. What a wonderful surprise and a very worthy recipient.

Kate/Massachusetts said...

I never heard of the group before your post but I am off to find it now! What a lovely, caring thing to do!

Kate/Massachusetts said...

I never heard of the group before your post but I am off to find it now! What a lovely, caring thing to do!

Kathleen C. said...

Hoorah! I am not the sender (I had no idea what your address is), but I have donated to and nominated others with that group... and I am so very glad someone nominated you! A wonderful warm yarny hug for you!

janna said...

I've never heard of the group, but what a great idea!!

Amie said...

It wasn't me but what a great group idea! Glad it lifted your spirits :)

kathy b said...

'twas me

Karen said...

What a wonderful idea! I'm sure you'll find wonderful things to make with the yarn.

Karen said...

What a wonderful idea! I'm sure you'll find wonderful things to make with the yarn.

Lynn said...

What a great idea! Not from me, but what a great thing Ravelry has set up. Gorgeous yarn too. Enjoy!