Peacock Plumes Bolero
This has been sitting in plain site in a knitting bag since last June. It's my oldest unfrogged, unfinished project and I want it done. I just don't want to use my allotted knitting time to finish it.
Wonder how long it would take to finish it. It needs sewing together and there's a knit on front border band with a knit tie.
The yarn isn't something I'd use for another project, so frogging isn't a good option. Maybe when it's done I'll be surprised at how much I love wearing it? But I doubt it.
The last post on the bolero is here. It has all the project information.
Many hours of knitting went into this sweater back before I decided I don't like the light pink color for me and that garter stitch bottom band looks awful.
I swatched with a garter band and it blocked out OK, but I'm not sure the larger sweater is going to follow suit.
My tentative plans for this sweater are to finish it and send it to Akkol, Kazakakhstan. To do that, it needs to be done by August.
If the bottom band doesn't block out nice, I'll cut it off and knit on some ribbing.
It is not a good thing to grow to dislike a project before even starting the sleeves. There are many other projects in my head I'd rather be knitting. Chenille is not safe from being frogged yet.
The last post on Chenille is here. It has all the project information.
Immediately after posting about how much I didn't like the way this scarf was turning out (you can read it here), I frogged it.
It is now a hat for Akkol, Kazakakhstan. The yarn is happier and I'm happier. I only wish I'd been as decisive in the early stages of the bolero and Chenille.
Pattern: Simple stockinette hat with ribbed fold back rim.
Yarn: Patternworks Bretton. 70% superwash wool, 25% nylon, 5% alpaca knit along with some fingering weight wool/mohair from the stash.
Color: Pink Diamond.
Needles: Addi Turbo #9.
Gauge: 4 stitches/inch.