Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Chat Back for March 21

Answering questions from comments and email.

Dorothy asked . . .
Are you using the same blue? (as the swatch for the Lighthouse Gansey)

Yes. I ordered the two skeins of swatching Cotlin in Glacier/light blue thinking if it knit comfortably and washed nicely I would use it for a Gansey. After I got the yarn I remembered I've been wanting to knit the Lighthouse Gansey, so I ordered the pattern.

When I went back to Knitpicks to order enough yarn for the sweater, I noticed they have many new Cotlin colors for spring. Some were tempting, but I still stuck with the blue for my order.


Susan . . .
Ooh, have you seen that Knit Picks will have Comfy in sportsweight?

Nice.

After washing a Comfy sweater multiple times, I wrote a brief yarn review of worsted weight Comfy here.


Kathleen asked . . .
You were doing this (Chenille) as a KAL with someone else weren't you? I was just wondering how her sweater was coming?

Dorothy is a smart lady. She caught on to the pattern problems before I did and stopped knitting before completing the entire sweater back. She plans to frog.

No comments: