Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Monday, January 21, 2008

Jerod's Gansey Finished and Cascade Status

Right out of the washing machine and onto the blocking table this morning.

Three toddler sweaters for CIC are done. One more to go to meet my personal goal of four, but first I'm going to work in a pair of birthday socks for John.


Pattern: Jerod's Gansey from Knitting Ganseys by Beth Brown-Reinsel. Normal caston instead of multistrand caston.

Yarn: Knitpicks Wool of the Andes, bulky weight, 100% wool for ribbing and stockinette. Knitpicks Sierra, bulky weight, 70% wool 30% Alpaca, for the main part.

Color: Grape and grape. Yes, both colors are called Grape. The yarn on the bottom is actually a much darker shade of the yarn used for the pattern area. It is not the reddish light color in the picture

Needles: #5 and #7.

Gauge: 4.5 stitches/inch, 6 rows/inch. Sweater is 26" at chest, toddler size 4.


Dani asked . . .
Any word on your cascade yarn order yet??

Debi asked . . .
Can you still be waiting on the purple yarn you ordered??

What? Are they waiting for spring to shear the sheep for you?

Since the roads are brutal and I didn't feel like driving to Kalamazoo just to find out there's nothing there, I emailed the yarn shop today to ask for a status.

This is the reply . . .
Thanks for your email. I hope you're staying warm today!

We're so sorry about the delay in your 220. It should have arrived here at the beginning of January! I totally understand what it's like to anxiously await yarn for a project! I understand that you stopped by last week hoping that it was in, and I believe at that time our news from Cascade was that it would be two more weeks.

I did just contact them again to make sure that that date was still their best estimate, and they said that it could possibly be in late this week, but early next week was their best guess. I apologize for the inconvenience that this is causing you! We will let you know as soon as the box arrives on our door!


So I guess I'll have time to knit one more little sweater before it arrives. I have red yarn and blue yarn. Which will it be?

No comments: