Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Monday, January 28, 2008

Blue Gansey Finished

Done! Met my goal of four ganseys in January for the current CIC challenge.

At 3 stitches/inch the knitting was quick. I used the schematic measurements from Jerod's Gansey pattern and calculated the stitch counts as I knit using the concepts from Beth Brown-Reinsel's Knitting Ganseys book.


Pattern: A piece here and a piece there from Knitting Ganseys by Beth Brown-Reinsel

Yarn: Lamb's Pride Bulky, 85% wool, 15% mohair

Color: Brite Blue (their spelling)

Needles: Addi Turbo 10.5

Gauge: 3 stitches/inch, 4.5 rows/inch in stockinette

Now would be a great time for my Cascade 220 to arrive at the yarn store in Kalamazoo. The roads are not slippery and I'm ready to start a new project.

It was 40 degrees F when I went to the grocery store late this morning. Michiganders were walking around enjoying the balmy weather with their coats hanging open. Me included.

No comments: