Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Monday, December 20, 2004

Pink (Actually Blue) Beads Sock Progress

Blue beaded socks progress pictureThis is my progress picture for the fourth pair of socks in the Six Sox Knitalong.

The yarn is Opal Uni-Solid 26. Yes, for those of you who are observant, this is the same skein of yarn I used for the solid blue color in the Old Shale Two Yarn Sock .

The cuff on this beaded sock pattern is very short. I'm now past the gusset decreases on the first beaded sock and it looks like there is going to be enough yarn to finish it.

This is my least favorite of the Six Sox patterns so far. That's not as harsh as it reads. I feel neutral about this pattern: neither disliking it nor excited about it. I've loved the previous three patterns in the knitalong.

In doing these socks I have learned a new method of attaching beads on stockinette stitch. They are threaded on a slip stitch to hold them in place. It is going to be a very handy technique for putting beads on Barbie clothing.

These socks are going to Mom, hopefully for Christmas. Although what she really wants is a pair of Old Shale Two Yarn Socks in pink. She will get them, too, just not for Christmas. I love my Mom.

1 comment:

Zarzuela said...

Your socks look great! I love the ones in your previous post too. I think you are about the only person I've seen NOT put an extra knit row in between the rows of beads and it really looks good! Thanks for sharing your pics.

Jessica
http://zarzuela.blogspot.com