Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Hats Are Always Handy

Last week we had unseasonably warm, sunny weather and not much knitting got done.

This week? Well, it's November and the weather is acting like November in SW Michigan. Cold, rainy, a little snow overnight. The ground is still too warm for the snow to linger, but it did nicely coat my cold car.

It's a little too warm yet to wear my Helmet hat, but this nice wool head covering is just perfect.

I only had one skein of yarn, 128 yards, originally purchased for the failed twining experiment. After the yarn was frogged and untangled, I decided to go for a simple and quick hat instead of storing it in my stash bins.

The hat isn't windproof like a twined hat would have been. Not a problem since I wear it under a nylon parka hood that keeps the wind out.


Pattern: Basic hat on 102 stitches. Ribbed cuff and then knit tall enough to use up all the skein.

Yarn: Crystal Palace Taos, 100% wool worsted weight

Color: Hopi

Needles: Options 6 and 7.

Gauge: 5 stitches/inch, 7 rows/inch.

No comments: