Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Friday, November 14, 2008

Gail's Socks Maybe Done, Maybe Not

I can't remember where I got this yarn without a label. I do know it's Opal, but I don't know the color pattern name.

Doggy school teacher Gail frequently wears blue denim, so I picked it out of the stash for her Christmas socks. About half way through the first cuff I began to worry. Is this yarn ugly? Is Gail going to like these socks?

Now that they're done, the colors and dots have grown on me and there's a good chance Gail will like them. But I'm racking my brain to remember if I've ever seen her wear green. I think so, but I'm not sure. While I'm watching for something green to appear at doggy school, I started another pair (below) just in case.

Pattern: Basic sock on 64 stitches. k1p1 ribbing for 20 rows, then k7p1 ribbing down rest of cuff and instep.

Yarn: Opal, 75% Superwash wool, 25% Nylon.

Color: Unknown

Needles: Options 2.5mm circulars.

Gauge: 8 stitches/inch, 10 rows/inch.

These socks are perfect for Gail. I know she wears each color represented and there are no crazy dots to make her wonder what I was thinking.

I better get the needles clicking and get them done.


Pattern: Basic sock on 64 stitches. k1p1 ribbing for 20 rows, then k7p1 ribbing down rest of cuff and instep.

Yarn: Opal, 75% Superwash wool, 25% Nylon.

Color: Petticoat 1293

Needles: Options 2.5mm circulars.

Gauge: 8 stitches/inch, 10 rows/inch.

No comments: