Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Knitting Log for May 20

When I ordered this Knitpicks Comfy, I planned on knitting Pattern Times Two, the Norah Gaughan cover sweater from the Spring 1997 Knitter's Magazine.

This is the same sweater I swatched with Elann Superwash Bamboo here and didn't like the results.

Pattern Times Two was written for a cotton/microfiber blend, so I expected the Comfy, a cotton/acrylic blend to be suitable. The top swatch is the result. Better than the Superwash Bamboo. Still, I found it a bit sloppy looking and not very pretty so I cast on with something completely different for the front panel.

The bottom swatch is the start of my sweater. The center panel is a twist stitch pattern from the third Barbara Walker Treasury - Three Diamonds flanked by Braid X.


Pattern: The twist stitch center panel is from the third Barbara Walker Treasury - Three Diamonds flanked by Braid X. The rest I'm making up as I go along.

Yarn: Knitpicks Comfy, Worsted weight. 75% Pima cotton, 25% acrylic.

Color: Lilac Mist.

Needles: Options #4

Gauge: 5.5 stitches/inch, 8 rows/inch.

While knitting the Comfy, I'm having fun thinking about what to do with my new yarn from Elann. All plans mentioned below are subject to change.

The cones are Soie Lin, 70% silk, 30% linen. It's likely to become a top with some but not a lot of yarn overs.

The skeins are Luna, 55% Viscose, 45% cotton, and so much prettier than I'm able to capture with the camera. It's a matte beige base with a shimmery terra cotta wrap.


This is the free Elann pattern for Luna. I'm tempted to knit it.


So tempted that I've knit and blocked the recommended swatches.

No comments: