Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Friday, May 16, 2008

Black Monkeys Finished

I ignored finishing these socks for as long as I could. The birthday lunch for recipient daughter Heather is tomorrow, so out they came last weekend and they're finally done.

The result is lovely. The Regia silk is soft and shiny. The Monkey pattern is beautiful in black.

I will never knit another pair.

Since I only had metal needles in 2.5mm I found myself tensing up while the silk yarn slipped around and occasionally off the needles.

Being black, the project was difficult to see - difficult to count stitches, difficult to count rows, and difficult to keep track of the pattern.

I'm not whining about this. Just recording the facts.

The socks were knit with love and I hope Heather likes them.


Pattern: Monkey by Cookie A. in Knitty, Winter 2006.

Yarn: Regia Silk

Color: Black

Needles: Options 2.5

Gauge: 8 stitches/inch, 10 rows/inch

No comments: