Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Apple Blossom Time and New Yarn

The old apple trees in the back yard get the deepest respect. In the spring we don't clean up the leaves under them and we don't mow under them.


In return, the shade of the apple trees provides the perfect conditions for Morel Mushrooms.

I have a fantasy that someday someone will offer us more money than we ever dreamed to buy this land just for the morel patch.

We won't mention the black flies and ticks, both of which are out in full strength looking for a blood feast this spring. A minor detail. When you live in nature, you get all of nature. It's not for the faint hearted.


Still thinking I want to knit some easy care short sleeve summer sweaters, I ordered some Comfy (75% pima cotton, 25% acrylic) from Knitpicks.

This color is Lilac Mist.

Comfy had good reviews on Ravelry. They said it was light weight, smooth, and super soft, which it is.

The day after it arrived late last week, I found Sonya's post about the Comfy sweater she knit. The killer sentence: "It was pilling by noon."

Great.

I'm pretending I didn't see that post and looking forward to knitting my Comfy as soon as I get a few other little projects done. Two CIC sweaters are only missing the last half of the last sleeve. Daughter Heather's birthday socks have been packed away with only the cuff done, and the party is a week from Saturday. I hope to have all three projects completed before the weekend is over plus the blocking on the She Said sweater and some modeled pictures.

No comments: