Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Friday, July 20, 2007

Friday's Feast and Bluebird Update

It's Friday, so let's have a Feast.

There is only one question foremost in my mind today, and it has nothing to do with Friday's Feast.

How is the UPS man going to get here tomorrow with my Harry Potter book?


See this picture? This is my road.

See the STOP sign at the end of the road? See the intersection blocked with chopped down trees? Behind them is a barricade that says ROAD CLOSED - like it requires a sign to know that.

Now, on to the much less important Feast questions. Answers will be very short today since my body aches from moving plants out of the right of way and I want to go recline and stretch out.

Appetizer
On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 being highest) how much do enjoy watching sports on television?


2

Soup
If you could completely memorize any one work of fiction, which one would you pick?


Even if I could, I wouldn't.

Oops. Does Dr. Seuss count? I do know some of his books by memory.

Salad
What is your favorite breakfast food?


Creme brulee french toast from the Coeur d'Alene Resort Sunday brunch.

What do I normally eat for breakfast? Lately it's been oatmeal topped with a sliced peach or nectarine.

Main Course
Name something fun you can do for less than $10.00.


Monitor my nest boxes. Doesn't cost a thing. As long as things are going well, it's enough fun to put a smile on my face.

This picture was taken yesterday on the bluebird hatchlings one week birthday.

Click on picture for a larger view.


Dessert
How long does it usually take you to fall asleep?


Five minutes or less.

A more interesting question might be about how long it takes me to wake up in the morning. One cup of coffee usually does it, ideally before the dogs need their first walk of the day. But some mornings like today I have to stumble out of the house without coffee.

Right now with the fence gone and the road work going on, all three dogs have to be leash walked. The dogs don't seem to mind. Bob and I are coping.

No comments: