Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Monday, July 30, 2007

Emerald City Socks Done

I'm having fun reviewing my sock yarn stash to decide what to knit for the August Sock A Month KAL 4.

Meanwhile, I needed to get the Emerald City socks done and off the needles.


Pattern: 60 stitch cuff using stitch pattern 107 from Japanese Knitting Pattern Book 250.

Yarn: Lisa Souza Sock! 75% superwash wool, 25% nylon

Color: Emerald City

Needles: Addi Turbo #1

Gauge: 8 stitches/inch, 10 rows/inch in stockinette

Here's a close up of the stitch pattern.

It's interesting and I like it, but it isn't going become one of my favorites.



Once my socks were done, I used up most of the left over Emerald City yarn with some dark green Bretton to make a pair of small kid socks for CIC.


Pattern: Winging Worsted Weight Socks on 32 stitches.

Yarn: Green Patternworks Bretton with left over Emerald City yarn.

Needles: #5 Addi Turbo circulars

Gauge: 5 stitches/inch 7 rows/inch

No comments: