Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Saturday, October 11, 2003

Tit for Tat

Before I ever had my own laptop I joined a Yahoo sock knitting group from my PC at work. Someone in the group was knitting a pattern from the Knitting Curmudgeon web site so I checked it out and was fascinated by her writing, her thoughts, her life, and her friends. I went back to read more again and again. It was my introduction to blogging.


The Knitting Curmudgeon is an excellent blog. I still read it even though we have different philosophies of life and she frequently insults things that are dear to me, including my faith and the wonderful ladies in the Socknitter group.


Her blog is described as "not for the faint of heart". Her posts critiquing knitting publications, knitting lists, and knitting designers are very well written and I almost always agree with her. But let's just say she doesn't seek out the kindest way to express her opinions. And don't go to her site if a little bad language offends you.


The idea of having my own blog originated with reading the Curmudgeon. I thank her for that.


She’s currently going through a difficult season of life. I pray for her. She would probably find that insulting and offensive. Sounds fair to me.

No comments: