Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Tuesday, October 07, 2003

Mom's Beaded Socks

My family has a long history of receiving unwearable knitted garments from a loving grandmother. Just the word "knit" can cause some members of my family to start laughing. I haven't offered to knit for any of them. They've suffered enough. Therefore, I was very surprised when my mother asked me for a pair of hand knit socks.

Originally I planned to knit lacy stripes for her and even purchased the yarn. Then I mentioned I wanted to try to knit a pair of beaded socks for the challenge of it. The problem was that I didn't think I would ever wear them. Mom is an artist type. She said she'd like a pair of beaded socks. So that's what we are doing. I'm having fun knitting and she's going to have fun wearing.

As of tonight, both cuffs are done on Mom's beaded socks. 480 little beads have been knit in and I'm extremely pleased with the results. What fun! And someone I love is actually going to wear them! Mom even bought some Capri pants so the socks will show. I can hardly wait to finish them.

No comments: