Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Wednesday, October 08, 2003

And A Partridge in a Pear Tree

Briarwood Dog Training is going to have The 12 Dog Daze of Christmas for it's entry in the Kalamazoo Christmas parade. Sunny and Pappy are going to be Two Papillons in place of Two Turtle Doves. This should be fun. We're supposed to have parade practices and float working sessions. Mom has agree to be photographer, so I will have some pictures after it's all over on November 8.

Both dogs have a grooming appointment the day before the parade so I only have to keep them clean for 24 hours. Even that will be a challenge with Sunny. She has curly hair that works like a dirt magnet when the ground is wet.

In my cube at work I have a Papillon calendar. The October Papillon is a cute little fluffy puppy. Every time I look up I WANT IT. It won't happen. Three dogs are plenty. And two of them are almost as sweet as a puppy anyway.

We've had several hard frosts already. The tender plants are looking done-for. I'm looking forward to being in the garden much more next year. It needs my attention. It's looking remarkably well for the neglect it's suffered the last few years.

I'm working on a 100 Things About Me page. So far I've got about 60. Writing 100 things about me is more difficult than I thought it would be.

One of my daily laughs occurs when the Blogger spellchecker doesn't recognize the word "blog". It wants to replace it with "bloc". Wouldn't you think . . . . .?

No comments: