Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Glynis Socks Finished

I already did a rant on these socks here if you missed it.

Because I knit them tight, they weren't a pleasant knit for me. They quickly got boring while staying a slow knit. I never got the pattern firmly enough in my mind so I didn't have to look at the chart for every row.

The dark brown was a bit of a strain on my aging eyes. I think I may have been able to memorize the stitch pattern with a lighter color.

Someday I'd like to be able to say I knit every sock in Cookie's book so even after all the complaining, I'm glad I knit these socks.

The fit is perfect. I plan to forget the chore of knitting them and enjoy wearing them. But, I won't be knitting this pattern again.


Pattern: Glynis from Cookie's Sock Innovation book.

Yarn: Shi Bui, 100% Superwash Merino wool.

Color: Bark

Needles: Options 2.25mm circulars.

The pattern is loaded with knit three togethers, next to impossible when knitting so tight. I ended up using an alternative right leaning double decrease: knit two together, return to left needle, pass next stitch over the knit two together and off the needle, slip knit two together stitch back to the right hand needle.

No comments: