Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wednesday Wings - Great Blue Heron



We're getting a beautiful taste of spring this week with sunshine and daytime highs in the low 60s.

The frogs are coming out of hibernation, and this young Heron has been coming to the pond to feast on them for several days now.




The huge birds stand patiently still in the water until an unsuspecting snack passes by. Then they grab it with their powerful beak and swallow it down their long neck.



2 comments:

Susan said...

Your bird pictures astound me - they are so clear and focused! I'm not sure how you manage that when birds move so quickly.

p.s. My word verification is exhipie. Why yes, I was a child of the sixties and I shun makeup and am happiest when I'm not wearing my bra. I'm not sure how Blogger knew that.

Jean said...

Your photos are amazing, I love the birds. The new cardigan will be beautiful as always - you are so creative and come up with appealing designs.