Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook for March 2

These writing prompts are available from Simple Woman's Daybook where each Tuesday we're invited to join in celebrating the beauty of everyday moments around us.

FOR TODAY March 2, 2010...

Outside my window...
I'm seeing some gold on the male Gold Finches.


They are olive drab in the winter and return to bright yellow in the spring.

I am thinking...
About Erma Bombeck today because "The grass is always greener over the septic tank."



This is one of the few places in the yard that is thawed down to the ground. And yes, it is over the septic tank.

I am thankful for...
A new bird coming to the suet feeder that's never been featured in Wednesday Wings. I've loved seeing it and have some good pictures ready to share tomorrow.

From the kitchen...
Bob made spaghetti just the way I like it with firm pasta. He likes his pasta cooked to mush. Yuck.

I am wearing...
A navy blue tee shirt John and Anne brought back from Australia six years ago with navy sweat pants. Handknit socks and New Balance walking shoes.

I am creating...
Another pair of Basketweave Ribbing Socks. I think I'm in a deep knitting rut. Cuff picture Thursday. Can you hardly wait?

I am going...
To post early spring pictures at the bottom of many of my March blog posts. I hope none of them include fresh snow.

I am reading...
Someone Knows My Name: A Novel by Lawrence Hill.

The story of Aminata Diallo, born in Bayo, West Africa. In 1745 she is kidnapped at the age of 11 by British slavers and brought to South Carolina as a slave. During her long life of struggle, she does what she can to free herself and others from slavery.

I wasn't sure I wanted to endure this story, but am glad I gave it a chance. It is historically accurate and extremely well told.

I am hoping...
For an early spring, meaning we skip the April snowstorm this year.

I am hearing...
Bird songs in the morning and animal mating sounds at night. The animal mating sounds cause the dogs to wake up and bark. And bark, and bark. We tell them it's OK, but they don't believe us.

One of my favorite things...
Granddaughter Kimmy's current Facebook picture.



A few plans for the rest of the week:
This afternoon I have a bone scan.
Wednesday is grocery shopping day.
Thursday I'm having what's left of a tooth removed.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


4 comments:

MarieR said...

Oh, Marguerite, your plans for the week don't sound good at all. I'll be thinking of you and if it helps at all, you're not alone. Glad to see you've still got your sense of humor. My best to you!

Alwen said...

Heh, my yard has that same bare rectangle!

Yesterday when I let the dogs out, it was still dark and smelled like skunk. If the skunks are out, spring must be coming!

Lee said...

Kimmy is more lovely each time you share her picture. Hope the scan goes well. If Spring isn't here by the 14th (when we go to Daylight Savings Time) I will take it personnaly, and not well, badly in fact.

Judy S. said...

Hmmm, what's our state bird doing in Michigan? LOL Like that sock pattern and might have to print it off. Thanks for sharing it.