Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Monday, March 01, 2010

Gail's Socks Finished, Dental Whining, and Glory Walks On Snow



Done and ready to wrap for dog-trainer Gail's March 18th birthday.



Pattern: Basketweave Ribbing Socks, a free pattern that easily converts to 56 stitches, 72 stitches, or any multiple of 8.

Yarn: Opal.

Color: Rainforest Oskar (a black and white butterfly).

Needles: Options #1, 2.5mm

Gauge: 8 stitches/inch, 10 rows/inch


Pappy and I are going to miss doggy school again this week because I'm having what's left of a tooth pulled at 4 pm that day (this Thursday).

Did you know that dental x-rays don't see through porcelain crowns? I didn't until a crown fell off leaving a decayed stump with no hope of attaching another crown.

I always wrongly assumed with regular dental care and repair I could keep my teeth into my old age. If I needed something else to worry about, I'd wonder how the rest of my crowned teeth are doing.




We're seeing the first signs of spring with days temps around 40 F and night temps around 20.

Yesterday there was some thawing and melting. Then the cold night temp froze a crust on the remaining slushy snow. The snow/ice was so solid 65 pound Glory could walk on it without breaking through.

I did break through. We won't talk about how much I weigh.

3 comments:

thistledown musings said...

I had the same thing happen with my crown. I thought they were invincible. I am finally at the point of having a new crown attached. Have to say that the drugs used with pulling out the old stump and later inplanting whatever they inplanted were great!

Dorothy said...

Glad to see there is some hope of spring in your neck of the woods. I was beginning to worry. So sorry about the dental woes. I had a root canal and crown on a tooth last year and it's still sensitive. The dentist keeps saying it can't be, but . . . At least I'm doing better than my mom. She had full dentures in her 40's. Dental care has definitely improved.

Alwen said...

Ouch.

I'm shopping for a new dentist, myself. The old one sold his practice a year or two ago, and although he still sees patients there, they have changed everything. I don't feel treated there so much as processed.