Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Thursday, September 03, 2009

Wednesday Wings - Cardinal Fledglings

Every September my blog posts repeat three themes: 1) Mental unrest - not quite depression, 2) goldenrod filling the fields and blooming in places where I didn't realize I needed to weed, and 3) frumpy fledglings.

I'm not going to bore you with my September ennui, so let's move on to number two on the list.

Goldenrod is everywhere proclaiming the end of summer.

Time to think about things that need to be done to get through the winter. Time to list all the household maintenance that didn't get done this summer and select the most critical for immediate action before the temps dip and the snow flies.


For comic relief there are Cardinal fledglings coming to the feeder in various stages of losing their baby feathers and becoming beautiful birds.










No comments: