Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Friday, September 11, 2009

Angee Finished

When I first looked through my new Sock Innovation book, Angee was my least favorite of all the patterns. It reminds me of a cluster of earthworms although I try not to think of that image.

It does make a nice, snug fitting sock though. Can't argue with that. I doubt I'll knit it again unless someone I love specifically requests it.

Being a Myers-Briggs ISTJ, I'm a detail perfectionist (although far from perfect) person. Which is why I frogged an entire Angee cuff once I read on Ravelry that a correction had been confirmed for Row 2 of the pattern - the k2tog on the chart should be a ssk. Even though this correction was confirmed at the beginning of the month, the official errata for Angee still does not reflect this correction.

From the looks of her beautiful and detailed patterns, I would guess that Cookie is also a detail person. I have to wonder what she thinks about the sloppy way Interweave Press treats her patterns.


Pattern: Angee from Sock Innovation by Cookie A.

Yarn: Stalwart Sock from Slackford Studio. 75% Superwash Merino, 25% Nylon 4 Ply Fingering Weight Sock Yarn.

Color: Red Oak

Needles: Options 2.5mm circulars.

No comments: