Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Soft Jade Summer Sox Finished

Pattern: Summer Sox by Cookie A., a free pattern.

Yarn: Stalwart Sock from Slackford Studio. 75% Superwash Merino, 25% Nylon 4 Ply Fingering Weight Sock Yarn.

Color: Soft Jade

Needles: Options 2.25mm circulars.


On my first attempt at knitting these, the stitch pattern looked awful. One side has a yarn over before a knit and the other side has a yarn over before a purl. My yarn over before the purl looked sloppy and the pattern wasn't looking symmetrical.

It didn't take long for me to decide I did not like the results. This yarn is way too pretty to waste on an ugly stitch pattern. I threw the sock in the basket for an overnight break.

Next morning I frogged back to the ribbing and gave it one more try. Instead of doing the yarn overs on the charted pattern row, I picked up a loop (like M1 without the twist) on the next row up. This worked great. The holes are small and match and the socks aren't baggy.



No comments: