Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Thursday, January 08, 2009

February Lady Sweater Finished

It's headed to North Carolina to sister Carrie as soon as it gets wrapped and off to the post office.

Cotton/flax ends are not easy to hide in a lace pattern. At least I don't know any easy tricks for securing them. Even though I did the splicing join there were still ends and I couldn't just clip them off like I do with sticky wool.

I split the four ply yarn into 2 ply threads and used a sharp smallish needle to bury the ends in their neighboring stitches.


Other than the ends, it was a joy to knit.

This is my third project using cotton/hemp and I'm very fond of the blend. It doesn't stretch like cotton but it's not uncomfortable on the hands to knit. It gets softer with each washing without losing its shape and doesn't take forever and ever to dry.

Pattern: February Lady Sweater.

Yarn: Elann Coto Canapone. Worsted weight. 52% cotton, 48% hemp.

Color: Murano Blue.

Needles: Options #7.

Gauge: 4.5 stitches/inch in garter stitch.

No comments: