Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Friday, October 03, 2008

No Rant and Bob's Birthday Socks

Since I try to keep this a pleasant place to visit, I won't whine on for paragraph after paragraph about all the fun I've had reloading programs and files and configuring my laptop since it came back from being repaired.

Just this evening I've been able to edit pictures to post. And one important task isn't done yet - I still don't have virus protection because my virus software company thinks I don't exist even though I have a serial number and confirmation numbers for the past two years updates.

I know. Virus protection is super important. I'm going to give them one phonecall to make me happy before I change companies. Meanwhile, here I am bravely online unprotected.


Yesterday was DH Bob's birthday, and his birthday socks were appreciated since temps were in the 40s and it was the first day we turned on the furnace.

He likes wool worsted weight socks. He wears them around the house without shoes, so I have to go for tough yarn and tight stitches. The socks I knit for him are next to indestructible.


Pattern: Basic 48 stitch sock. k3p1 ribbing on cuff and down instep.

Yarn: Opal 6-ply shades of gray with Opal UNI-Solid red held together to make a worsted weight yarn.

Needles: Addi Turbo #5 circulars.

Gauge: 5 stitches/inch and 7 rows/inch.

No comments: